Thursday, September 4, 2008

untitled. -mellors-

I came to you with starry eyes,
And that sweet surprise of butterflies,
That only served to compromise,
My thoughts, my voice, everything I do,
And somehow made them all for you,
As if that could bring me closer to,
The words and thoughts you never said,
And never bothered to address,
Or maybe they were never there,
And it is true you did not care;
One word, even one lie was all it took,
It would have got you off the hook,
And me still here, still hooked on you
But you, you chose to walk on by
I wasn't even worth your alibi,
Instead you gave me vacant space,
Which I could fill with my disgrace,
An mpty face, an empty place,
No loving word, no soft embrace
And now I am at a loss for words,
This is where my evening ends,
There's no Act II to cause amends,
You never touched, you never shared,
You never changed, and you never cared,
You didn't even think to call,
And silence isn't gold at all,
For silence was what made me fall,
Into unpierced, untouched, unused space,
The only thing left of this waste;
It smothers my insides and it covers my face,
So blank, so empty I hope you never see,
That beneath it you've defeated me;
How funnyt hat the only thing you gave,
Is the only part of me left unfazed

No comments: