Thursday, March 12, 2009

slow panic

Stillness, I can’t find it
Lost in the hole where the roads split
Where are songs of simplicity
when everything is falling away from me?

The rubble falls like rain
Covering me in wreckage again
But I am delicate, I break easily
Defeated i mix amoung the debris

I can’t find any beauty here
I find nothing left with to perservere
And Safety shouldn’t be outgrown
when I have nothing left of myself to own

one day it started, got dark
the rain made my world an ocean
and I’m just trying to breath
struggling in dark swirls of motion

and the fish survive so easily
while my tears fill my ocean higher
no air, I fill my lungs with water
and I sink lower

I can’t save myself
Hold me close
shelter me
Protect me
Breathe for me
Handle my heart carefully

No comments: