Friday, May 30, 2008

4am

I cannot sleep because of your starry eyes
that’ve given me these butterflies
and ceaselessly sensationalize
my thoughts, my mind, my sense, my soul
that are slipping out of my control.

Yet here, alone, in this empty place
Without your words, without your face
Without your arms, no sweet embrace
Alone I lay, alone awake
my skin, it’s cold; my chest, it aches

some nights when the stars are right
and shine in full, unlike tonight
I’ll hear your voice, and I’m allright
But right now, my words are not enough
to comfort me or make me tough

I need you here to fall apart
To loose myself within your art
i need you now, my bear won't do.
because in all the ways, he isn’t you.

I need you here to fall asleep
I need your arms that can hold and keep.
I need your breath upon my neck
Without you, I’m such a wreck

I need your voice, I need your lips
I need your hands around my hips
I need your neck, your collar bone
And the you that makes me not alone.

No comments: